Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Turn your computer off and go to sleep




Basically... this is what I have been doing for the past few days. Okay, so I've been eating a sleeping. A lot. And yes, I have returned calls. Yes, I did RSVP to the party (no, I'm not going). Social niceties and vital human functions aside though, it's yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

For those poor souls unfamiliar with the Monkey Island series... oh man. You're missing out, buddy. Take a look at World of Monkey Island for a good look into the exploits of Guybrush Threepwood, LeChuck, etc. And for those who require characters with normal names, take Sam and Max, a dog and rabbit crimefighting pair. I've never played Sam and Max Hit the Road before, but after a couple minutes this game already had me laughing. I'm relatively easy to amuse, but just a few minutes ain't too shabby.

On the other hand, I've been a Monkey Island fan even since I first started playing video games on our very first family computer, the good old Taiwan-made grayscale-monitored, Windows 3-point-something-running desktop machine with those nice floppy disks of the olden days. Thanks to my brother, we played Prince of Persia, Tetris, Puzzle Bobble... the classics, you know? And of course, Monkey Island with its deadly poodles and crazy dialog. But alas, times have changed, and XP's wonderful incompatibility posed problems for anything NOT made for XP... or did it?

Enter ScummVM:

quoted from scummvm.org

ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the game, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
A quick download led to days and nights of completely error-free pirating... err, point-and-click adventure gaming. Not a bad pasttime for 90+ degree weather!

tags: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://oqtcyzsm.com/akkg/pvun.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dkoudnsw.com/qmif/vmbb.html]Cool site[/url]

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://oqtcyzsm.com/akkg/pvun.html | http://gqjxosbk.com/rvlz/ytxg.html

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home